Student at Plymouth College of Art, Blog for my work and research.

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Terrible Yellow Eyes

Terrible Yellow Eyes is a collection of works inspired by the beloved classic, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. It was great to have a wide and varied collection of work to look at while doing this project. I found that most illustrations didn't vary much in terms of character design, the wild things were kept mostly the same as Maurice Sendak's original characters with little change, this suprised me as the main thing I wanted to do was create my own interpretations of the wild things to reimagine the story. Here are some samples i liked from the website.


Alberto Cerriteno. The detail in this image and the background creates a busy active environment and gives your eyes alot to look at keeping the image interesting.



Luisa Uribe. I love the softness and delicate lines and colours in this illustration.




Ben Mounsey. This image is more dark and a bit sinister in contrast to most others. The choice of a red colour palette is unusual and would be interesting to see how it would work as a full picture book.



Lars Henkel. A very cool pen sketchbook drawing of one of the wild things.



Jacob Souva. I like the textures used in this illustration and the use of text within the image.


Matthew Armstrong. I love the wild things eyes in this illustration they really catch your attention and draw you in.



Bobby Pontillas. This illustration is done in a very soft style and colours making it more appealing to a younger audience.



Jared Chapman. I like the style of this illustration and the little triangular trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment