Student at Plymouth College of Art, Blog for my work and research.

Thursday 16 January 2014

Research into Theme for pattern design

I have chosen a theme of nature and wildlife for my pattern design as i think it is in keeping with the identity of cath kidston. I researched some patterns and prints that have the same theme for inspiration.



British Wildlife Pattern Print





Poogla Bnito Nature Pattern


Oilily Wildlife Print Dress


serena malyon deer pattern



Teagan White is one of my favourite illustrators, she creates cute patterns and prints that have themes of wildlife and nature with little characters and settings within them. Her designs have been printed on fabric and uses on bags and pillows and other accessories. I love the use of colour schemes in her work and want to use a limited colour pallette in my pattern design as seen in her illustrations.








No comments:

Post a Comment