Student at Plymouth College of Art, Blog for my work and research.

Sunday 5 January 2014

Research for my Macmillan Prize project

For this project I am entering the Macmillan children's book prize, I am taking the traditional fairytale of Goldilocks and the three bears and rewriting it in a new way. My story is going to be about a bear that finds the house of three woodchucks and goes inside to try out their things, similar to goldilocks going into the bears house.
I researched some children's picture books of goldilocks and other children's books that have bears in them for inspiration.















Leigh Hodgkinson recently did a version of Goldilocks and the three bears where the bear goes to goldilocks house when she has grew up, I really liked this idea for a story and think the contemporary colourful illustrations give the story a new edge and make it current and more appealing to children today.












Some of my favourite children's books have bears in them and i used these for inspiration and reference.

I want my hat back by Jon Klassen








Orange pear apple bear by Emily Gravett








Are you sad little bear by rachel rivett




Can't you sleep little bear by martin waddell and barbara firth




We're going on a bear hunt by helen oxbury and michael rosen





No comments:

Post a Comment