Student at Plymouth College of Art, Blog for my work and research.

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Book Covers - Wind in the Willows

I also looked at various different book cover designs for The Wind in the Willows, ranging from the traditional style to contemporary, published and unpublished covers.

Ernest H Shepard

Micheal Hague

Tasha Tudor

Charles Van Sandwyke

Robert Ingpen


Joanne Moss

Rosie Ling

Mauro Evangelista

Usborne Illustrated


Rachell Sumpter


I also looked at some posters and other illustrations done for Wind in the Willows.
a poster for the Polka Theatre performance of wind in the willows

illustration by Sophie Blackall


I found that a lot of covers and illustrations were very scenic and mostly of the characters boating on the river or having a picnic, so for my cover I am going to do something different that maybe hasn't been done before. While i was reading the book i made notes of each scene that stood out to me, Toad zooming in his motor car, the wild wood and the secret tunnel stood out to me as interesting scenes that would catch the attention of children looking at the cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment